Monday, October 12, 2015

A borrowed writing prompt...

Catching the signal from one of her friends, Angela brushed her skirt, took a deep breath and walked towards where he was sitting.  He had been alone all night.  The solemn look on his face beckoned her to get to know him.  Why would a good-looking man be sitting by himself, so depressed?

As she neared where he was sitting, he looked up and caught her eye.  Her heart seemed to skip a beat and she couldn't breath.  Did he feel that too?  She almost wanted to turn around.  The strange feelings swirling in her head scared her.  Her friends giggling in the background urged her on.  I have to do this!  He was still looking at her when she finally arrived.

She sat down at the bar stool next to him.  They both looked at each other without saying anything.  Angela had this strange feeling that she already knew him.  He opened his mouth to be the first to talk and nothing came out.

"H-h-h-hi.", he stuttered.

"Hello there.  I'm Angela."

"Have we met before?  You seem familiar?"

"I felt the same way!  I have never met you.  What's your name?"

"William.  I'm William.  Uhh... why are your friends staring at us?"

Angela turned around and, sure enough, her friends were mesmerized by the chemistry between the two.  She gave them a look that they immediately understood and they all went back to looking busy.  Angela could fill them in later.

"So, I notice you've been alone all night and you looked sad.  Is there anything I can do to make you feel better?"

"Actually, Angela, you already have.  Keep me company."

"Of course.  William, what did you feel when we made eye contact?"

"I couldn't breathe, Angela.  Let's get to know each other."

"Yes, Let's do that, William." 

No comments:

Post a Comment