Sunday, October 4, 2015

Fluency Blog Reflection

This was a little rough for me.  There were days that I would do two or three posts in one sitting just to get them out of the way.  These were not my best posts.  I started out pretty excited to see myself succeed in this task.  I was aware of the level of commitment it would take.  I knew I would have a hard time coming up with things to write about.  I am not the most creative person.  My biggest concern was what to write about. 

I would start the day digging through my brain, trying to see if anything was heavy on my heart.  When nothing would come to mind, I would look up a new post or ask a family member for help.  At times I had something on my heart, I would start writing and it would spill out.  This was the easiest time for me to write. 

I have always been an avid journal-er.  It is easier for me to get thoughts out through paper than by mouth.  I think I feel less pressure when I write; once it's out of my mouth there is no taking it back.  It makes me more cautious.  When I write, I know I can always alter it.  With this assurance, I don't mess up as often.  Thoughts flow more freely.

This writing project has expanded my creativity.  I have been able to write about more than just feelings currently on my mind.  I have been forced to sit and think and write every day.  At times, it was a struggle to get to the 300-word limit.  Other times, I had more words than necessary.  Those were my favorite. 

I really did not like having to worry about posting over the weekend.  My weekends are always so full of family time and work schedules, it was hard to find time to complete my assignment.  I got behind often, but would make up for it in the next couple of days.

Overall, this project showed me parts of myself I hadn't seen before.  I found a touch of creativity hidden inside me.  I found how to better balance my writing schedule so I was not writing about nonsense.  I struggled.  I got upset.  I laughed about it.  I learned.  That's really important to me.  No matter how bad my writing turned out, I learned something about myself and it was all worth it. 

1 comment:

  1. Good reflection. You should be very proud of the work you have completed here. I understand that time restraints make this assignment difficult for some, so I offer flexibility in how manage it. Nice work. I hope you keep writing. ~Ms. A.

    ReplyDelete