Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Big Choices

I bought a car today.  I think I am in shock.  This car belongs to me.  I have never spent so much money on something.  It is so exciting.  I get to personalize it and make it my own. 

I worked a full time job all summer in order to make this purchase.  I planned on buying a car at the end of August.  When August came and went, I realized I was not quite reaching my goal.  I started saving even more.  I barely had any spending money.  Thankfully, I am still living with my parents and have only one bill to pay.  That makes things much easier.

After saving up for so long, it was hard to spend the money.  It took so long to get here and now it's gone.  But, I have to remind myself that it isn't just gone.  I have a car now!  It is so exciting.

Buying this car has matured me.  I have learned so much from this experience.  I learned patience when I was not able to buy a car on my own timing.  I learned to be responsible with my money, to save from my paychecks instead of spend it on things I don't really need. 

I can't wait to vacuum it, fill it up with gas, make it smell good, add my personal touches.  I will never forget today.  I am hoping this car lasts through college.  That is my plan.  I know we will just have to wait and see how it goes.  I need to name my car.  I haven't had it long enough to feel it is is feminine or manly.  I'll let you know what I decide. 


No comments:

Post a Comment