Monday, September 14, 2015

Know My Audience Analysis



We had to get to know each other.  In order to write good papers, we had to know who we were talking to.  Each question reflected on the inquirer and each response reflected on the responder.  I learned much about my class and look forward to having them as my audience.

A few question stand out to me.  One student asked what we would do if we had no fear.  To me, this implies there is something in her life she wished she could do but fear is getting in the way.  She would like to know what fear is preventing us from doing in order to reassure herself.  She is definitely not the only one out there suffering from a case of fear.  Answers varied from being rejected to wanting to ride roller-coasters.  We all have fears.  I believe all fears are equal.  No fear is greater than another.  Fearing loneliness is no bigger than fearing spiders.  This question gave me an opportunity to view all of us students as equal.  We all have fears.  We are all human. 

Another question that caught my attention was what bug we would like eliminated from existence.  It seems like a silly question but, in reality, a lot of people suffer from bugs.  Our answers all proved that bugs are a nuisance but do not necessarily make us suffer, not on the same level as other countries deal with.  Bugs in other countries can be deadly.  They carry disease and venom that is harder to treat when there is not advanced medical technology like in America.  We are lucky to have treatment available and we take it for granted.  That was obvious in our responses. 

My audience is very much like me.  I am blessed to be in America and easily take it for granted.  Our families are important to us.  We treasure the people close to us.  We all have fears.  We would all like to have a million dollars, but I hope we’d all agree that we don’t need a million dollars in order to do the things we said we’d like to do with that money.  We each have our own special memories that define who we are.  We are a broken group of people, healing and hurting and using writing to build ourselves up again.  This assignment reminded me that we all have commonalities.  We may not be as different as we think.     

1 comment:

  1. Good beginning to analysis. You offer a good overview of the activity and summary of what happened. Imagine your audience as a single person...what characteristics would that person have based on all of the questions and answers? ~Ms. A.

    ReplyDelete