Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Interests

I have felt God changing my heart lately.  I feel that something big is about to happen and I am being prepared.

I tend to be a worry-wart.  I don't like.  I don't mean to.  It is just part of my personality.  When my little sister is playing outside, I have to check on her every so often to make sure she isn't hurt or was kidnapped.  I always check doors before I go to bed to make sure they are locked.  Of course, worrying can be a good thing.  But, just like so many other things on earth, too much of something good creates something bad. 

Lately, I have not been worried.  I have had this sense of peace that I know could have only come from God.  As I have been searching for a car, I feel a sense of urgency.  Then I realize that God will provide the right car in the right timing.  He has already provided temporary transportation in the meantime. 

When I think about having to check on my little sister playing outside, I stop myself and think.  Do I really need to check on her?  Won't God take care of her?  If, for some reason I would not be aware of, something happened to her, it would all be part of God's plan.

My worrying can be translating to a lack of faith.  I worry because I don't really trust that God is in control.  Well, that's what He has been teaching me.  He is in control.  He made the universe.  He created all that exists, including my brain. 

We trust that a lightbulb will work because we trust that the inventor knew what he was doing.  He created the lightbulb in order to create light form electricity.  Or the microwave.  We trust in the microwave working because we trust the inventor.  How is God any different?  Shouldn't we know life will work out because we trust the inventor of life?

I am being rhetorical.  I am attempting to portray the rampant thoughts running through my brain.  Does this make sense to anyone else?

No comments:

Post a Comment