Sunday, September 13, 2015

Where Did My Blog Title Come From?



I enjoy using crazy words.  I like making something simple sound bigger or more special.  Words are used daily.  Words can encourage people.  Words can tear people down.  Words can build relationships.  Words can destroy relationships.  Words have a power that very few things in the world have.  The cool part is we have control over the words.  They hold the power but we have authorship.
Words get used when we want them to be used.  It is up to us.  Words don’t appear unless we create them.  Once they have been created, you cannot change their meaning.  They are now part of the world.  We have to be careful, though.  People will attempt to create words that hold meaning to themselves but to no one else.  These words are only half-created, floating form person to person, being used in different terms. 

The universal knowledge of each word is astounding.  You can read every word I have written and know what it means.  If you don’t, you can look it up.  We have access to every true word.  The limits on our educational experience are few.  People take words for granted.  People forget what words mean before they use them.  Words shape our lives.  We are molded and formed based on the words we know, use, or hear.

My blog title represents what words mean to me.  The words create an interest.  People want to find out what it means, and therefore may read my blog. 

Sui Generis Palaver.

Sui generis means unique or to be of their own kind.  I strive to create blogposts that reflect who I am.  I want my blog to be unique and personal. 

Palaver means discussion or chatter.  I invite people to write back.  I want others to engage in my writing and reply with their thoughts, agreements, or disagreements. 


No comments:

Post a Comment