Sunday, September 13, 2015

The Power of Music



I recently wrote on the power of words. 

In addition to that post, words can take form of music.  Musicians have a special authority over words.  They can take everyday words and turn them into sentences that everyone knows.  The lyrics are written in a way that listeners catch on and sing along
. 
People use songs in different ways.  Some songs are played during a special event.  Other songs are used depending on the mood a person is in.  Songs range from upbeat to soft.  Songs can change how we feel about things.  They can help us form our own opinions.

A song can get stuck in your head.  You may decide you are sick of that song.  You may fall in love with it because you can’t stop humming it.  

In my life, music has been a big influence.  I have grown up listening to multiple genres of music.  I have turned to music as a background noise for homework.  I use music to cheer myself up.  Sometimes I listen to music in order to make myself cry.  When I feel like crying but it won’t come out, music usually brings it out.  I use music to communicate with others.  Certain songs are associated with certain people or memories in my mind.  Music has a place in my life that is not replaceable.  I need music and I rely on writers to bring new songs and styles into my mind.  

We are vulnerable to music.  It has power over us.  We let it change us and mold us and become part of who we are.  A lot of people don’t like being vulnerable.  Do they realize how many things actually have power over them?  Words.  Music.  Pride.  Fear.  Anger.  Many, many things can control a person.  How are we supposed to respond to that?








No comments:

Post a Comment