Saturday, September 26, 2015

???

I turned in my paper for English a few days ago.  I had to pick one thing I believe in and write about that belief and my reasons behind believing.  Then, the four other people in my writing group had to respond to my paper and critique it.  Not to tear it apart, but to help me make it better.

I chose to write on modesty, the important role it plays in my life, and why I believe in being modest.  One person in particular was very blunt when responding to my thoughts.  I am having a hard time breaking down my defenses.  I just recently wrote about taking criticism.  I am not supposed to take it personally, but use their responses to better my paper.

Now, here I am, struggling to find what I can take from his responses to make my paper better.  I understand that I believe in something unique, something out-of-the-blue.  Not very many people will agree with me.  That makes it hard for those people to respond in a positive way.  I get that, I really do.  But, with all that being said, I now have to find a way to use this person's semi--harsh comments to enhance my writings.

I chose this topic because I have strong feelings about being modest.  It is an important part of my life.  So, I was anticipated to hear what others would say about it.  I knew that not everyone would agree.  I understood that it is a rare belief these days.  I did not expect harsh responses, just disagreements.  I definitely got a little bit of both.  So, now my goal is to use the comments, both good and bad, and better my writing.  It may be a challenge, but I believe it will help me as a writer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment